Nice work today! It was great to have a full house!
Here are the words to our new song, the Violin String Song:
Eeek, eeek, eek, all the little
Ants, ants, ants, they are going
Down, down, down, down into the
Ground, ground, ground!
See the homework below.
- Review rhythm sheets (clapping)
- Review violin care
- Rest position (being still) and song
- Violin hand and bow hand game
- Bow “bunny” on a pencil. Can you make 10 great bow holds a day? Shake your hand out between each one!
- Moving from rest position to playing position
- Bow Song (End with “Don’t touch the bow hair!!”)
- Violin string song (see words above)
- Rhythms on the arm. Scrub your arm! Practice opening and closing the elbow while rubbing the arm.
- Try playing all of the rhythms on the E string with the bow! (Parents pull the bow at a right angle to help students feel what it feels like.)
Theory homework: Fish coloring sheetFor best printing results, click on the Homework date title at the top of the page to bring up the Homework post by itself. Then click this print button for a printer-friendly version.