Sinfonia Allegro students have a Sinfonia Allegro February Practice Challenge! All students now have practice partners. All Sinfonia Allegro students now have practice partners. Let Miss Joanna know if you need contact information for your practice partner. If you finish your sheet and turn it in before February is over, you will receive 25 extra practice points!
Sharks of Seville (Rossini/Monday)
Review mm. 1-44. Pay special attention to pitch and intonation this week. Are your fingers exactly where they belong? Are they ringing? Do they sound in tune?
Learn mm. 45-68.
Nordic Lullaby (Grieg/La Plante)
Beethoven Symphony No. 5–Allegro (arr. Hoffman)
Great work today on working hard to stay near the balance point! Think of the balance point of the bow as a magnet that needs to be at the string as much as possible in this piece. On long notes, don’t worry so much about being heard. Others are playing too, and the long notes should not be prominent. Instead, count carefully on long notes and barely play them.
1) Listen to the recording!
2) Practice saying YOUR part with the recording using your rhythm syllable! (Violin 1: ta; Violin 2: te; Viola: ti; Cello: toe; Bass: too)
Violin 2 and Viola: Count carefully in measures 6 and 7. Listen to a recording. Remember the first violins play TWO statements of our motive before you come in again.
3) Practice a C major scale with Beethoven bowing pattern:
a) Place your bow at the balance point.
b) Play: Up – Down – Up – Down______
c) Retake and set the bow back to the balance point.
d) Next note: Up – Down – Up – Down______
e) Retake and set the bow back to the balance point.
f) Continue through the rest of the scale. Watch your bowings.
5) Review measures 1-47. Know how to play ALL of your notes well and in tune.
6) Begin learning measures 48 to 71
7) If you did not complete the Beethoven Score COLORING activity, refer to the homework archives (last week’s assignment), and turn in at class by NEXT WEEK at the very LATEST.
Avengers Main Theme (Silvestri/Moore)
Measures 1 through 39.
Here is our Sinfonia Allegro Seating Chart for 2020. It includes both seating diagrams on one page! Check carefully to make sure that you print the correct music for your violinists who switch parts halfway through the concert!
Sinfonia Allegro A: off week
Sinfonia Allegro B: off week
Sinfonia Allegro C: off week