Great work in class today!
Here’s what you should work on this week:
- Practice playing open strings by opening and closing your right elbow.
- Keep clapping and singing the Twinkle rhythms. Once you’re comfortable doing that, start bowing them on the E string!
- Use the concept of the Magic X to help guide your hand to the fingerboard. The X can be written on the side of your left first finger.
- See the picture of it for reference. The Magic X is magnetic and attaches itself to the neck of the violin!
- Keep doing all the left hand exercises we’ve done together- train tracks, hover train, tapping.
- Start working on our Christmas concert songs! I have all the notes and lyrics written out. See how much you can do at home, and we will talk about them more next week 🙂
- Review the spider monkey song and the first line of Twinkle
- Here’s the Twinkle Rhythms Handout
- Here are the Songs for Preludio
Theory homework: More Rests