Great job in class today!
Here’s what you should work on this week:
- Everyone’s bow holds are looking beautiful! Keep practicing making them 5x every day.
- Opening and closing your right elbow when you bow is what helps you get the best sound! Practice this motion by sticking out your left arm straight in front of you, and moving your right hand up and down your arm. Notice how your elbow opens and closes! Practice scrubbing Twinkle rhythms this way.
- Practice rest position and playing position in front of a mirror. When we’re in playing position, we want the violin to be flat and stable, just like a table!
- Keep practicing the Ape song! It’s sounding fantastic.
- Work on getting comfortable with the stomp song. Once we can do it consistently on the E and A strings, we copy the pattern and start playing it on different strings!!
- Keep clapping and speaking the Twinkle rhythms!
- Here’s the Twinkle Rhythms Handout
Below is the Theory Homework for this week. If you need it, click the link below and print it out.
Remember to turn it in next week into the white plastic bin!
Theory homework: SailboatFor best printing results, click on the Homework date title at the top of the page to bring up the Homework post by itself. Then click this print button for a printer-friendly version.