Great work in class today!
Here’s what you should work on this week:
- Great job these past few weeks practicing getting comfortable putting fingers down on the fingerboard! I know it’s hard work, and I am so proud of all of you.
- Keep doing left hand exercises! At this point, we’ve gone through a lot of them. Pick two every day that you want to practice.
- Keep working on our Christmas concert songs! I have all the notes and lyrics written out:
- Here are the Songs for Preludio
- Review the spider monkey song and the first line of Twinkle
Left hand Preludio exercises:
- Train tracks
- Hover train
- Tapping fingers on the strings
- Magic X
- Practicing putting fingers down on right forearm
- Practice the songs on the worksheet! Start by singing the words to the songs, then singing the fingers and strings you’ll play. Then learn the songs by plucking first! Doing a little bit everyday will continue making you more comfortable with putting down and picking up fingers 🙂
- When your left hand needs a break, play Twinkle rhythms on open strings
- Here’s the Twinkle Rhythms Handout
Theory homework: Sharps, Flats, and Naturals